Circular concrete pipes are available in an extensive range from DN 300 to DN 2400 with a full range of fittings including bends, fixed branch and universal junctions, rocker and butt pipes. Pipes are available with rolling ring (RR) joint for DN 300-1800 and sliding gasket (SG) joint for DN 2000-2400. Captive gasket (CG) joint is available dependent upon contractor preferences. CG joint pipes are being phased in over a period of time; customers are advised to the EH Smith civils team to check availability.
- RR joint pipes employ a unique Delta gasket which, compared to a circular gasket, requires lower jointing forces and offers increased resistance to withdrawal after jointing.
- CG joint pipes employ a captive gasket cast into the pipe socket.
- SG joint pipes employ a sliding gasket fitted onto the pipe spigot.
- Gaskets are manufactured in SBR or EPDM and comply with BS EN 681-1.
- Nitrile gaskets are available for RR joint pipes upon request.
- Pipes will not join to other manufacturer's cast or spun pipes.
- Pipes with RR joint can be jointed to CG joint pipes by using a change pipe.
- Pipes are vertically cast using vibration to compact a semi-dry concrete mix into the mould.
- Actual bore sizes available on request.